|Lake District Accommodation Guide||Lake District Business Guide||Lake District Eating Out Guide||Lake District Pubs and Inns Guide||Things To Do In The Lake District||Useful Lake District Information||Events In The Lake District|
Bonfire Night & Fireworks Displays 2012
(This Page Was Last Updated On November 3rd 2012)Did you know that Bonfire Night, otherwise known as Guy Fawkes Night, used to be a compulsory celebration in England up until 1859? After the failure of Catholic conspirators to blow up the Houses of Parliament on November 5th 1605, English citizens were obliged to celebrate the deliverance of the King on each anniversary of the putting down of the heinous plot.
Don't worry. No one will be making you attend any of the fireworks and bonfire night celebrations taking place in the Lake District and Cumbria this year! However, attendance is recommended as you are bound to have a fun and safe time with some superb firework displays planned. This is the Your Guide 2 the Lake District choice selection of Bonfire / Guy Fawkes Night events in 2012:
• Friday 2nd November - Bonfire and Fireworks at the Station Inn
At Station Inn, Oxenholme, Nr. Kendal - from 6:00pm
Why not visit The Station Inn for their Bonfire and Fireworks night with spectacular fireworks, Lakeland Radio Live, Burgers, Pie & Peas? - More Details...
• Friday 2nd November - Bonfire & Fireworks Display in Coniston
At Coniston Sports & Social Centre, Coniston - from 6:45pm
Fireworks begin at 7:30pm - free but donations to next year's event welcome -
• Friday 2nd November - Bonfire & Skittles Night at Firbank Church Hall
At Firbank Church Hall, Firbank, Nr. Sedbergh - 6:30pm
A bonfire and skittles night with refreshments available -
• Friday 2nd November - Fireworks Night at Hayes Garden World
At Hayes Garden World, Lake Road, Ambleside, LA22 0DW - 6:00pm
An evening of food, fireworks and discounted late-night shopping. Admission by ticket only which includes food - Adults £7.50, Under 12s £5 - 015394 33434 -
• Saturday 3rd November - Sedbergh's Annual Bonfire & Firework Display
At People's Hall Playing Field, Sedbergh - from 6:00pm
Sedbergh's celebrations include best turnip & pumpkin lantern competitions, hot food, soup, cakes, sweets & toys, mulled wine, tea & coffee - More Details...
• Saturday 3rd November - Bonfire & Fireworks Display in Cartmel
At Cartmel Racecourse, Cartmel, nr. Grange-over-Sands - from 6:30pm
Cartmel Village Trust are holding their annual Bonfire & Fireworks display with refreshments including hot soup, burgers and cakes - More Details...
• Saturday 3rd November - Hawkshead Traditional Community Bonfire
At Hawkshead Recreation Ground, Hawkshead - from 6:30pm
A good night out for all the family is guaranteed at the Hawkshead Bonfire celebration with snacks and entertainment - More Details...
• Saturday 3rd November - Ingleton Fireworks Display
At Ingleton - 8:00pm
The famous Ingleton Fireworks Display - Admission Free but donations gratefully accepted for next year's event - View YouTube video
• Sunday 4th November - Crook Young Farmers Bonfire Night
At Little Moss Side, Crosthwaite - 7:00pm
Everyone welcome with refreshments, casserole, hotdogs, soup, bonfire toffee etc.
• Monday 5th November - Kendal Castle Fireworks Display
At Kendal Castle (Castle Grove side), Kendal - 7:30pm
Everyone is welcome at Kendal's annual Fireworks display - no admission charge but all donations will go towards next years' event - More Details...
• Monday 5th November - Kirkby Lonsdale Rugby Club Bonfire Night
At the Rugby Club, Kirkby Lonsdale - from 7:00pm
The Kirkby Lonsdale Firework Display at Underley Park increases in popularity each year - fairground and hot food available - More Details...
• Monday 5th November - Bonfire Night Extravaganza at Lindeth Howe
At Lindeth Howe Country House near Windermere - 8:00pm (start of fireworks)
The sky above Windermere will be lit up in a blaze of light and colour as the Lake District hotel raises money for charity - More Details...
• Monday 5th November - Holme Fireworks Display
In the grounds of Holy Trinity Church, Holme, Near Milnthorpe - 7:00pm
Free with a collection to fund next year's fireworks display
• Monday 5th November - Leven Valley Bonfire
At Leven Valley Playing Fields, Haverthwaite - Bonfire lit at 6:30pm
Fireworks begin at 6:45pm and food is available - Adults £3 Children £2 -
• Monday 5th November - Burton Bonfire & Fireworks Display
At Burton Recreation Trust Field, Burton-in-Kendal - No time available
Annual Bonfire & Fireworks organised by Burton Children's Sports Committee -
• Wednesday 7th November - Beetham Bonfire & Fireworks Display
At Ashton House, Beetham, Nr. Milnthorpe - from 6:00pm
Bonfire & Fireworks display - No further details are currently available -
• Sunday 11th November - Cockermouth Fireworks Display
At Memorial Gardens, Cockermouth - 6:00pm
The annual riverside fireworks display in Cockermouth with access via Gote Road -
|Copyright © Your Guide 2 The Lake District 2013
Directory Software by Global 7