|Lake District Accommodation Guide||Lake District Business Guide||Lake District Eating Out Guide||Lake District Pubs and Inns Guide||Things To Do In The Lake District||Useful Lake District Information||Events In The Lake District|
Halloween Events in the Lake District 2012
(This Page Was Last Updated on October 25th 2012)
Did you know that Halloween (or Hallowe'en) is an abbreviation of All Hallows’ Even (or evening), meaning the night before the holy day of All Hallows, or All Saints' Day as we now call it?
There's lots of Halloween-themed activities taking place in the Lake District this year including falconry shows, fancy dress parades, spooky walks and lantern competitions. This is Your Guide 2 the Lake District's choice selection:
• Friday 26th & Saturday 27th October - Spooky Halloween Spectacular
At Millerbeck Light Railway, Staveley in Cartmel, Newby Bridge -
Dare you ride Millerbeck Light Railway in the dark? For details Tel. 015395 30113 -
• Friday 26th October - Halloween Fancy Dress Disco
At The Commodore Inn, Main Street, Grange-over-Sands - 9:00pm
Let the fun begin with the Commodore's Halloween disco! -
• Saturday 27th October - Halloween Party / Discos at the Ship Inn
At The Ship Inn, Sandside, Nr. Milnthorpe - Childrens: 3pm to 6pm; Adults: 8pm
The Ship Inn are holding a Halloween Party / Disco for children and a Halloween Disco for adults - snacks will be provided and fancy dress is optional - More Details...
• Saturday 27th October - Halloween Lantern Workshop with Mel Gard
At Brantwood, Coniston - 11:00am to 3:00pm
Make your own paper lantern for Halloween in an environmentally-friendly, inspired workshop at Brantwood with all materials provided - More Details...
• Saturday 27th October - Hallowe'en Party
At the Village Hall, New Hutton, Near Kendal - 5:30pm
Hallowe'en party in which families can enjoy a disco with games and refreshments -
• Sat 27th, Mon 29th, Tues 30th & Wed 31st October - Halloween Party Nights
At the Lake District Visitor Centre, Brockhole - 3:00pm to 6:00pm
An evening of Halloween fun for kids including a walk with an owl, a Trick or Treat show, party games, mask making, activity packs etc. - More Details...
• Saturday 27th October to Saturday 3rd November - Halloween at Muncaster
At Muncaster Castle, Ravenglass, Penrith - Various times
With ghost tours, Ghostly Grotto, Darkest Muncaster illuminations, Scary Maze & fancy dress competition for witches and frightful monsters -
• Saturday 27th to Wednesday 31st October - Holker Halloween Fun
At Holker Hall & Gardens, Cark-in-Cartmel, Nr. Grange-over-Sands -
Offering Wicked Walks, Loathsome Lantern Pumpkin Parades and Creepy Craft Activities with Holker Frightful Food in the Courtyard Cafe -
• Saturday 27th October - Halloween Fancy Dress Party
At the George & Dragon, Market Place, Kendal -
Free admission with prizes and live band from 10pm to 12:30am -
• Sunday 28th October - Screamlands at Greenlands
At Greenlands Farm Village, Tewitfield, Carnforth - 10:00am to 5:00pm
With creepy critters, scary spiders, 'orrible owls, pumpkin carving competitions etc.
• Sunday 28th October - Halloween Lantern Walk with Mel Gard
At Brantwood, Coniston - 4:30pm to 6:00pm
Join a magical Halloween lantern walk with Mel Gard through the estate at Brantwood near Coniston - there'll also be storytelling and a bonfire - More Details...
• Monday 29th October - Halloween Party at the Station Inn
At Station Inn, Oxenholme, Nr. Kendal - 5:00pm to 7:30pm
Halloween Party with science show, little beasties, buffet and competitions with prizes for best child's fancy dress and best pumpkin - More Details...
• Monday 29th October to Friday 2nd November - Witches & Wizards Week
On Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway, Haverthwaite to Newby Bridge Halt -
A week of witches, wizards, ghosts & ghouls! Take a trip on the Ghost Train -
• Monday 29th October to Sunday 4th November - Witches & Wizards
At Lakes Aquarium, Lakeside, Newby Bridge -
Grab your broomstick and fly on down for a week of spooky activities! -
• Tuesday 30th October - Halloween Bash 2012 at Bootleggers
At Bootleggers Music Bar, Kendal - 7:00pm
Featuring Next Stop Atlanta, A Moment Lost, Born From Ashes and Northern Shores - Halloween Dress Required - More Details...
• Tuesday 30th October - Make Your Own Halloween Costume
At Rheged Centre, Redhills, Penrith - 11:00am, 1:00pm & 3:00pm
Instead of buying one, be creative and make your very own trick or treat costume at Rheged with artist Ellie Chaney - £5.50 for a 90 minute session -
• Tuesday 30th October to Sunday 4th November - Halloween Spooktacular
At Ducky's Park Farm, Moor Lane, Flookburgh, Grange over Sands - From 10:30am
With face painting, fancy dress competition, apple bobbing etc. -
• Wednesday 31st October - Ghostly Galleon Halloween on Ullswater
From The Pier House, Glenridding, Ullswater - 12:30pm and 3:00pm
Fun for all the family with magic tricks and balloon modelling in this two-hour cruise with top entertainer and magician Stu-Di-Doo, plus other hocus pocus! - More Details...
• Wednesday 31st October - Halloween Party For Your Little Monsters!
At lakes leisure Kendal, Kendal - 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Featuring Bouncy Castle, Broomstick Racing, Pumpkin Bowling, Jack-o-Lantern Competition, Fancy Dress Competition and much more! - More Details...
• Wednesday 31st October - Pumpkin Carving
At Rheged Centre, Redhills, Penrith - 11:00am, 1:00pm & 3:00pm
Pumpkin carving with a chef at the Rheged Centre in which you get to take your pumpkin home - admission £5.00 - a 1 hour event for children 5+
• Wednesday 31st October - Spooky Clay Creatures at Leighton Moss
At RSPB Leighton Moss, Silverdale - 1:00pm to 3:30pm
In Spooky Clay Creatures you can make a clay creature with local sculptor and ceramic artist, Wyn Abbot, that you can take home for Halloween - More Details...
• Wednesday 31st October - Fun For Kids Halloween Party
At Fun For Kids Fun Factory, Parkside Road, Kendal - 4:00pm to 6:00pm
Entry costs £7.00 and includes party tea, party bags and games with prizes for best fancy dress - book early to avoid disappointment - More Details...
• Wednesday 31st October - Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway Ghost Train
At Ravenglass Station, Ravenglass -
Travel down the line in darkness on the spectacularly spooky Halloween Ghost Train and keep your eyes peeled for fiendish friends! - More Details...
• Wednesday 31st October to Sunday 4th November - Halloween Trail
At Townend, Troutbeck, Windermere - 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Follow the spooky clues around the garden at Townend and complete the trail. Search for the hidden pumpkins to win a prize! - More Details...
• Wednesday 31st October - Halloween Hauntings
At Tullie House Museum & Art Gallery, Carlisle - 6:00pm, 7:00pm & 8:00pm
An after dark tour of wood panelled rooms, underground passages and secret staircases on a Halloween Ghost Hunt lasting 45 minutes - More Details...
• Wednesday 31st October - Lighting Up Hallowe'en
At Levens Methodist Chapel, Levens, Nr. Milnthorpe - 5:00pm to 6:30pm
Christians Together hosts a fun alternative celebration without ghosts & ghouls with games, treats & snacks. Fancy dress optional, pre-book on 015395 60441
• Thursday 1st November - Halloween Hoot at Brockhole
At Lake District Visitor Centre, Brockhole - 12noon; 1pm; 2pm & 3pm
Meet the owls from award-winning Silverband Falconry and hear from their keepers with a down-to-earth style, aiming to entertain whilst educating - More Details...
|Copyright © Your Guide 2 The Lake District 2013
Directory Software by Global 7