|Lake District Accommodation Guide||Lake District Business Guide||Lake District Eating Out Guide||Lake District Pubs and Inns Guide||Things To Do In The Lake District||Useful Lake District Information||Events In The Lake District|
Lake District Events This Weekend
Upcoming Featured Events in the Lake District & Cumbria:
Lake District Events This Weekend Friday 1st to Sunday 3rd August 2014:
• Friday 1st August - Arnside Country Market
At WI Village Hall, Arnside, Nr. Milnthorpe - 9:30am to 11:30am
The popular market specialises in delicious home baking - More...
• Friday 1st August - Ambleside Country Market
At St.John Ambulance Rooms, Ambleside - 10:00am to 11:30am
The Ambleside Country Market offers traditional home produced goods - More...
• Friday 1st August - Carlisle Farmers' Market
In the City Centre, Carlisle - 9:30am to 3:30pm
Organised by Made in Cumbria with an excellent choice of local produce - More...
• Saturday 2nd August - Cross Morecambe Bay Walk in Aid of Hearing Dogs
From Arnside to Kents Bank Station, Grange-over-Sands - 9:15am
Raise vital funds for the charity Hearing Dogs for Deaf People - More...
• Saturday 2nd August - Boxes of Hope Walk Across the Sands
From Arnside Promenade to Kents Bank - 9:15am
Bay walk in aid of Boxes of Hope Cumbria Christmas Shoebox Appeal - More...
• Saturday 2nd August - Community Action Nepal Crossing Morecambe Bay
Arnside Promenade to Kents Bank - 9:15am to 1:15pm approx.
The walk will raise funds for health and education work in Nepal - More...
• Saturday 2nd August - Summer Boogie With Nine Lives
At Best Western Castle Green Hotel, Kendal - 8:00pm
With new band 9 Lives featuring ex-Hoovers, Catdog & Catch 22 members - More...
• Saturday 2nd August - Cockermouth Agricultural Show
At The Fitz, Low Road, Cockermouth, Nr. Keswick - From 9:00am
Entertainment for all the family in an action-packed day - More...
• Sunday 3rd August - Birdwatch at Brockhole
At the Lake District Visitor Centre, Brockhole, Windermere - All Day
Identify birds and animals in the woodland surrounding Brockhole - More...
• Sunday 3rd August - Bay Search & Rescue Bay Walk
From Arnside promenade to Kents Bank Station - 10:00am
A unique day out in the fresh air with the Bay Search and Rescue - More...
• Sunday 3rd August - Sunday Band Concert - Music in the Park
At Park Road Gardens Bandstand, Grange-over-Sands - 2:00pm
The Alan Beecham Jazz Quartet perform an open air summer concert - More...
• Sunday 3rd August - Charity Family Fun Day
At Best Western Castle Green Hotel, Kendal - 12:00 noon - 4:00pm
With Bouncy Castle, Sports Day Games, Charity Stalls, Entertainment etc. - More...
• Sunday 3rd August - A Tale of Vikings and Monks - Hawkshead Walk
At LDNPA Car Park, Hawkshead - 10:30am
A leisurely walk with spectacular views around Hawkshead - More...
• Sunday 3rd August - A6 Car Boot Sale
On the A6 between Carnforth and Milnthorpe - from 7:00am
The popular car boot - cars £5, browsers and on site parking free - More...
• Daily until Monday 4th August - Ten Day Summer Craft Fair
At Dacre Hall, Lanercost Priory, Nr. Brampton - 10:00am to 5:30pm
This outstanding quality craft fair in aid of Dacre Hall is in its 38th year - More...
• Daily until Wednesday 3rd September - Lakeland Maze Maize Mazes
At Raines Hall Farm, Sedgwick, Kendal - 10:00am to 6:00pm
Family fun with the two Mazes which are now open for the summer - More...
Ongoing Exhibitions in the Lake District This Weekend:
• Kendal Art Society Exhibition (until Sat Aug. 2nd)
At Kendal Town Hall, Kendal - 10:00am to 5:00pm (daily except Sundays)
The annual art exhibition features the work of over 120 society members - More...
• Lake Artists Society Summer Exhibition (until Wed Sept. 3rd)
At the New Hall, Grasmere - 10:30am to 4:30pm
Annual exhibition of paintings and sculptures by leading Cumbrian artists - More...
• Barbara Hepworth: Landscape Exhibition (until Sat Sept. 27th)
At Abbot Hall Art Gallery, Kendal - 10:30am to 5:00pm
The exhibition includes some of Dame Barbara Hepworth's iconic sculptures - More...
• First World War Centenary: From Fells to Flanders (until Sat Dec. 20th)
At Lakeland Life & Industry, Kendal - 10:30am - 5pm (Sundays 12 - 4pm)
The display explores the Lake District's contribution to the Great War - More...
|Copyright © Your Guide 2 The Lake District 2014
Web Design by 7Soft/WSI Yorkshire