Mountain Adventure Lake District
Mountain Adventure Lake District are based in Windermere and offer exciting outdoor activities, mountain challenge events, navigation training courses and skills courses in the Lake District and Cumbria. Run by Jack Oliver, a well-known mountain leader and climbing instructor, Mountain Adventure Lake District provide some of the most action-packed activities and courses in the area. Since leaving the army in 2011, Jack has worked all over the world teaching outdoor education and has also taken the lead in a range of international expeditions to places including Nepal and Morocco.
Mountain Adventure Lake District Activities
Gain a sense of adventure by taking part in Mountain Adventure Lake District’s action-packed outdoor adventures, which are sure to get you smiling and your heart racing! Bring along a group of friends for a hen do or a stag party to see what the stunning area has to offer. One of their professional instructors will imbue a feeling of adventure and excitement, while keeping you safe at all times. The available activities include:
• Mega Abseil and Tunnel Explore – Conquer Cathedral Quarry’s jaw-dropping 50 metre absail, while discovering the stunning cathedral’s tunnels. If you don't have a head for heights, there is a smaller abseil available.
• Ghyll Scrambling Experiences – See why this is the Lake District’s most popular activity. Jump, swim, climb and splash your way up one of the incredible ghylls. For beginners to the more adventurous, there’s something for everyone.
• Honister Via Ferrata – Based in the beautiful Honister valley, this is an amazing chance to do something truly different. Tackle your way around the side of a mountain over cargo nets, a Burma Bridge and ladders.
• Rock Climbing – The Lake District has some of the best rock climbing in the country. This exciting activity is perfect for all levels and is bound to get your excitement levels running.
Mountain Skills & Training Courses
Mountain Adventure Lake District run a selection of mountain skills courses that aim to give you the understanding and confidence to take on the mountains and stay safe and have an enjoyable day. Courses include:
• Navigation Training Courses – 1 day beginner's course to 2 day advanced training courses, as well as the National Navigation Award Scheme. All courses will help you to feel confident at safely navigating in the mountains of the Lake District.
• Night / Poor Weather Navigation Training – Don't let poor weather or early nights stop you from getting up into the mountains – get your head round navigation for when it matters.
• Mountain Skills & Wild Camp – Learn the skills to have the ultimate adventure with Mountain Adventure Lake District's 3 / 4 day mountain skills courses – learn to plan and complete your own wild camping experience.
Mountain Adventure Lake District Guided Walks
Mountain Adventure Lake District offer a range of guided walks to some of the most popular and remote mountain peaks throughout the Lake District. The friendly guide will show you some stunning views and amazing wildflowers and tell you tales of the local area along the way.
Whether you’re looking for something challenging or a little easier going, there are a range of guided walks for you to choose from. From tackling Striding Edge and scaling the infamous heights of Scafell Pike to walking around the Fairfield Horseshoe, you’re sure to love the views on offer. There are also a variety of skills courses, where you’ll learn what it takes to venture on walks like this by yourself.
Lake District Charity Challenge Events
Mountain Adventure Lake District is an expert in organising Charity Challenge Events for both public and private groups. All challenge events are designed on a bespoke basis, ensuring that your requirements are met 100%. Completing any of these events will be hard and testing at times but with support from the team at Mountain Adventure they are 100% achievable. All events have a dedicated team of instructors who are motivated, knowledgeable and experienced. There's plenty of water to keep you moving and transport from start to finish.
Mountain Adventure Lake District
Jester Court, Birch Street, Windermere, LA23 1DS, 01539 291883
Please mention Your Guide 2the Lake District when contacting Mountain Adventure Lake District
Activities in the Lake District & Cumbria - Lake District Business Guide - Your Guide 2 the Lake District