Punch Bowl, Barrows Green
The Punch Bowl at Barrows Green near Kendal is a traditional Lakeland pub with a friendly atmosphere, great ales and superb food. Or to put it another way: Real Food - Real Ale - Real Pub! Located on the A65 between the M6 and Kendal, the Punch Bowl is the first pub you encounter on your way into the lakes. Why not call in? You'll receive a warm welcome!
Drinks at the Punch Bowl, Barrows Green
The Punch Bowl at Barrows Green near Kendal prides itself on its great ales. Real ales include Theakstons Best, plus two guest ales that change weekly and which are chosen by locals. Drinks on draught include Fosters, Kronenbourg, John Smiths, Theakstons, Guinness and Strongbow Cider. There's also a good selection or fine wines which are ideal to accompany your meal or enjoy alone, plus tea & Fairtrade speciality coffees. During fine weather, why not enjoy your drink in the The Punch Bowl's beer garden?
Food at The Punch Bowl, Barrows Green
The Punch Bowl at Barrows Green aims to create fresh and tasty meals using locally-sourced produce from local farms and businesses. All meat is supplied by either Plumgarth's Farm or Low Bendrigg Farm, both less than four miles from the pub, and a range of delicious homemade pies are available.
All meals are freshly prepared on the premises and daily specials are available. As well as a full menu, there's a snack and children's menu. The Punch Bowl's Sunday roasts are not to be missed and they also cater for vegetarians and vegans.
There are many daily food offers at the Punch Bowl including:
• PUNCH LUNCH - Available Monday to Friday 12noon to 2pm - Great meals selection from £4.95 (2 courses £6.95, 3 £8.95).
• PASTA OFFER - Available Monday 6pm to 9pm - Great selection of Pasta dishes with Garlic Bread from £6.50.
• PIE & A DRINK - Available Tuesday 6pm to 9pm - Enjoy any of their delicious homemade pies, Ham & Leek or Beef, Steak & Ale or Chicken, Ale & Black Pudding or Creamy Vegetable. All with chips and veg and a selected drink for just £7.95.
• NAUGHTY BUT NICE - Available Wednesday 6pm to 9pm - All Desserts and Wine are Half Price.
• PIZZA OFFER - Thursdays until 9pm - 2 pizzas for only £12.00.
• CATCH OF THE DAY - Available Friday from 6pm to 9pm - Choose any Fish Dish and receive your Drink Free.
• BELLY BUSTER CHALLENGE - Available Saturday 6pm to 9pm - Belly Buster Challenge £24.95. Your chance to win a golden envelope containing anything from a free pint to £50 Cash! 10oz Rump Steak, 8oz Gammon Steak, 1lb Cumberland Sausage, Butterfly Chicken Breast, 3 slices Black Pudding, 6 onion rings, 2 fried eggs, salad, veggies of the day and a heap of chips...all you have to do is finish it, without any help... Could you manage it?
• SUNDAY ROAST - Available all day Sunday - Very popular Traditional Homemade Sunday Lunch with a choice of two roasts (locally reared from Plumgarths Farm Shop), seasonal vegetables, new potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and chef's gravy for £9.25.
Bed & Breakfast Accommodation Now Available At The Punch Bowl!
Entertainment at The Punch Bowl, Barrows Green
There is regular entertainment at the Punch Bowl at Barrows Green near Kendal including a Quiz Night each Tuesday from 9pm and a Folk Night from 8.30pm on the last Thursday of the month.
There are special events including an annual Easter treasure hunt and facilities include Plasma TV showing Terrestrial Channels, Pool Table, Darts Board and Quiz Machine.
The Punch Bowl Barrows Green - Real Food - Real Ale - Real Pub!
Tel. 015395 60267 | Punch Bowl Facebook Page | Website
Please mention Your Guide 2 the Lake District when visiting The Punch Bowl, Barrows Green.
Lake District Pubs & Inns Guide - Lake District Business Guide - Your Guide 2 the Lake District