St John the Baptist - Flookburgh

Address: Station Road
Flookburgh

Town: Grange-over-Sands
County: Cumbria
Postcode: LA11 7JY
Google Map: View here

The Parish Church of St. John the Baptist, Flookburgh belongs to the Windermere Deanery of the Carlisle Diocese in Cumbria and is part of the Cartmel Peninsula Team Ministry, which includes the parishes of Allithwaite, Cartmel, Field Broughton, Grange and Lindale.

In 1879 Flookburgh became a parish in its own right and the decision was taken to build a new church with funding provided by Victor Cavendish MP of Holker Hall, who later became the Duke of Devonshire. Austin and Paley were the chosen architects and St. John the Baptist church was built between 1897 and 1900. The style of the stone-built church is essentially Romanesque with lancet windows.

Vicar: The Revd. John Crossley Tel: 015395 58245; Team Vicar: Rev. Feria Etherington

St John the Baptist, Flookburgh Church Services Times: 1st Sunday: 8am Holy Communion, 9.30am Parish Communion with Sunday Club (term time for school age children).

Nb. As times of church services can sometimes change with the season, we recommend contacting the church before travelling any distance.