St Mary's Church, Windermere
St. Mary's is a friendly, welcoming church on the north side of Windermere village. Visitors are welcome to come along to any services and events or take the opportunity for quiet reflection.
A chapel was first on the site in 1848 and was steadily extended until finally St. Mary's was consecrated as a parish church in 1856.
The architecture is Victorian in style using local stone and slate. Following a catastrophic fire in 1988 the church was restored with a lighter-wood contemporary-styled roof. In 2006 a major re-ordering of the interior created a good mix of traditional Victorian structure with modern, flexible amenities.
St. Mary's provides facilities for a wide range of club and society meetings and community events.
Vicar: Revd. David Wilmot
St. Mary's Vicarage
Tel: (015394) 43032