Kendal Christmas Lights Switch On
Sunday 27th November 2016 - This event has finished
The Kendal Christmas Lights Switch-on is held on Sunday November 15th 2016 with this schedule:
- 1:30pm – Start of entertainment and opening of market
- 2:00pm – Reindeer arrive at Abbot Hall in Kirkland, Kendal (LA9 5AL)
- 4:10pm – Santa’s Parade leaves Abbot Hall with Santa in his sleigh drawn by reindeer
- 4:30pm – Arrival at Kendal's Market Place (LA9 4TN)
- 4:45pm – Christmas lights switch on at Lakeland Radio stage
There'll be food stalls including Made in Cumbria, plus others in support of the Mayor's Charity. South Lakeland District Council (SLDC) has agreed a reduced flat rate of £1.20 at all its pay and display car parks on the day of the event.
Kendal's town centre has for 15 years been illuminated, from mid-November until early January, by a display of Christmas lights that brightens up the town that serves as the gateway to the Lake District. The switch-on ceremony also provides charities, school choirs, street performers and retailers with an opportunity to appeal to Kendal's Sunday afternoon shoppers.
Kendal Christmas Lights Switch On 2016 - Your Events and What's On Guide for Kendal