Churches and Places of Worship in the Lake District & Cumbria

Cartmel Priory

Cartmel Priory - Cartmel, Nr. Grange-over-Sands

Historic Cartmel Priory is one of the oldest churches in the Lake District and Cumbria
More info

St Andrew's Coniston sign

St Andrews Church - Coniston

The church was built in 1819 and its graveyard is the resting place of John Ruskin.
More info

St Josephs Catholic Church - Kirkby Lonsdale

The Parish of St Joseph comes under the Diocese of Lancaster and is served from St. Marys in Hornby.
More info

St John the Baptist - Flookburgh

The Parish Church belongs to the Windermere Deanery of the Carlisle Diocese in Cumbria.
More info

St Marys Church Kirkby Lonsdale

St Mary the Virgin - Kirkby Lonsdale

The present church dates from the 12th century Norman period and is a mixture of historical architecture.
More info

Kendal Parish Church

Kendal Parish Church

Dedicated to the Holy Trinity and over 800 years old
More info

St. Pauls Church Grange-over-Sands logo

St Paul's Parish Church - Grange-over-Sands

The church was consecrated in 1853 and belongs to the Windermere Deanery of the Carlisle Diocese in Cumbria.
More info

St. Pauls Church Lindale

St Paul's Church - Lindale

The present church was built in 1828, designed by the Kendal architect George Webster.
More info

Parr Street Church Kendal

An independent Bible-based evangelical church that serves Kendal and the surrounding district.
More info

St. Michael & All Angels Hawkshead stained glass windows - logo

St Michael & All Angels Church - Hawkshead

The church overlooks the village of Hawkshead and enjoys excellent view of the surrounding fells.
More info

Christ the King Church Mlnthorpe

Christ The King Catholic Church - Milnthorpe

Roman Catholic Church in Milnthorpe
More info

Stricklandgate Methodist Church interior

Stricklandgate Methodist Church - Kendal

One of a group of nine churches that form Kendal Methodist Circuit.
More info

St. Marys Church Allithwaite sign

St Mary's Church - Allithwaite

The church was constructed in 1865 and the vicar is Rev. Rob Jackson.
More info

Coniston Christian Fellowship

Coniston Christian Fellowship

Coniston Christian Fellowship meet each Sunday at Coniston Primary School, Shepherds Bridge, LA21 8AL.
More info

United Reformed Church - Grange-over-Sands

The Kents Bank Road church is part of 'Churches Together' in Grange-over-Sands.
More info

Coniston Methodist Chapel

Coniston Methodist Church

A small chapel which was founded in 1875 and the church prides itself in giving all visitors a warm welcome.
More info

St. Cuthbert Church Kentmere

St Cuthbert's Church - Kentmere

The church was practically rebuilt in 1866, but retains the older roof beams which date from the sixteenth century.
More info

Grange-over-Sands Methodist Church exterior

Grange-over-Sands Methodist Church

Aims to provide a Christian welcome to all and act as a witness to Christ in the local community.
More info

St. Charles RC Church Grange-over-Sands

St Charles RC Church - Grange-over-Sands

Founded in 1884 as an offshoot of St Mary’s in Ulverston with priest Fr. Alf Parker.
More info

St.Thomas Church Milnthorpe

St Thomas Church - Milnthorpe

Built in 1835 and designed by Kendal architect George Webster with numerous stained glass windows.
More info

Milnthorpe Methodist Church

Milnthorpe Methodist Church

Opened in 1904 designed in the Queen Anne style by JF Curwen.
More info

Kirkby Lonsdale Methodist Church

Methodist Church - Kirkby Lonsdale

The style of worship is informal and Bible-centred, with the congregation comprising many different church backgrounds.
More info

St. Mary's Parish Church Ambleside

The church was built between 1850 and 1854 adopting the early Gothic style and designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott.
More info

Sandylands Methodist Church

Sandylands Methodist Cornerstone Church - Kendal

The church in Kendal was built in 1937 and is now known as Cornerstone.
More info

St Oswald's Church - Grasmere

The 13th century church is home to both Anglicans and Methodists in Grasmere.
More info

St. Martins Church Bowness logo

St. Martin's Church - Bowness-on-Windermere

St Martin's Church is the Parish Church of Bowness and is a Grade I listed building having been built in 1483.
More info

St Thomas Church Kendal logo

St Thomas Church - Kendal

A C. of E. parish church that serves north Kendal and which has a relaxed and contemporary approach to worship.
More info

St Catherine's Church - Crook

The church near Kendal holds a weekly Sunday service at 11.00am with coffee served after the service.
More info

Holy Trinity & St.George RC Church Kendal logo

Holy Trinity & St George Church - Kendal

Serving the Catholic community in Kendal and surrounding areas and part of the Diocese of Lancaster.
More info

St James' Church - Staveley

Built by J.S. Crowther between 1864-5 and is in the Diocese of Carlisle.
More info

St George Church Kendal

St. George Parish Church - Kendal

One of three Anglican churches within the town of Kendal.
More info

Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church Coniston

Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church - Coniston

The church is part of the Lancaster Diocese and the parish priest also serves the Hawkshead Parish.
More info

Our Lady & St Herbert, RC Church - Windermere

Our Lady of Windermere & St.Herbert Roman Catholic Church is open daily for private devotions and visits to the Blessed Sacrament.
More info

Holy Trinity Church Brathay logo

Holy Trinity Church, Brathay

Holy Trinity Church at Brathay near Ambleside in the Lake District was consecrated in 1836
More info