|Lake District Accommodation Guide||Lake District Business Guide||Lake District Eating Out Guide||Lake District Pubs and Inns Guide||Things To Do In The Lake District||Useful Lake District Information||Events In The Lake District|
Lake District Events This Week
Upcoming Featured Events in the Lake District & Cumbria:
Lake District Events Monday 14th to Sunday 20th April 2014:
• Monday 14th to Friday 18th April - Unlocked Art - Easter Activities at Abbot Hall
At Abbot Hall Art Gallery, Kendal - 12:00pm to 4:00pm
Free family activities at Abbot Hall during the Easter Holidays - More...
• Monday 14th to Monday 21st April - Easter Activities at Kendal Leisure Centre
At Kendal Leisure Centre, Burton Road, Kendal - Various Times
Including Intensive Swimming Lessons and Multi Sports Activity Days - More...
• Tuesday 15th April - A Tale of Vikings and Monks - Hawkshead Walk
At LDNPA Car Park, Hawkshead - 10:30am
A leisurely walk with spectacular views around Hawkshead - More...
• Tuesday 15th April - Levens Choir Perform Rachmaninov Vespers
At St. Mary's Church, Queens Square, Kirkby Lonsdale - 7:30pm
Cellist Peter Freyhan also performs J.S. Bach, Cello Suite no.3 in C major - More...
• Tuesday 15th April - Royalty Cinema Lunchtime Wurlitzer Concerts
At the Royalty Cinema, Lake Road, Bowness-on-Windermere - 12:30pm
Howard Beaumont performs on the Royalty's historic Wurlitzer organ - More...
• Wednesday 16th April - The Great Peter Rabbit Easter Egg Hunt
At World of Beatrix Potter Attraction, Bowness-on-Windermere - 10:00am
The launch of the North of England’s biggest Easter egg hunt - More...
• Thursday 17th April - Ulverston Country Market
In Ante Room or Main Hall, Coronation Hall, Ulverston - 9:15am to 11:45am
With homemade cakes, fresh produce, preserves, hand crafts etc. - More...
• Thursday 17th to Saturday 19th April - Ulverston Society of Artists Spring Exhibition
At the Coronation Hall, Ulverston - 9:30am to 5:00pm (4:30pm Sat)
The annual exhibition includes paintings, drawings and craftwork - More...
• Thursday 17th April - Jim McAllister as Frank Sinatra at Uplands Hotel
Uplands Hotel, Nr. Cartmel & Grange-over-Sands - 7:00pm
Jim McAllister epitomises all the charm and charisma of the legendary Sinatra - More...
• Thursday 17th to Saturday 19th April - Ambleside Players 'Murder Weekend'
At the Kelsick Centre, Ambleside - 8:00pm
The Players present comedy thriller Murder Weekend by Bettine Manktelow - More...
• Friday 18th April - Ambleside Country Market
At St.John Ambulance Rooms, Ambleside - 10:00am to 11:30am
The Ambleside Country Market resumes after the winter break - More...
• Friday 18th April - Arnside Country Market
At WI Village Hall, Arnside, Nr. Milnthorpe - 9:30am to 11:30am
The popular market specialises in delicious home baking - More...
• Friday 18th and Sunday 20th April - Easter Extravaganza at Brockhole
At Lake District Visitor Centre, Brockhole, Windermere - 11:00am
Featuring treasure hunts, the Brockhole bunny and fun for all the family! - More...
• Friday 18th to Monday 21st April - Cartmel Antiques Fair
At Cartmel Village Hall - 10:00am to 5:00pm
Why not visit the antiques fair and see if you can pick up a bargain? - More...
• Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th April - Binoculars & Telescopes Demonstrations
At RSPB Leighton Moss, Silverdale - 10:00am to 4:00pm
Get some hands on advice on binoculars and telescopes in this free event - More...
• Saturday 19th April - Big Bunny Bike Ride in Aid of CancerCare
From VVV Health and Fitness Club, The Shore, Hest Bank - 11:30am
CancerCare's annual 5 mile family bike ride along Morecambe Promenade - More...
• Saturday 19th April - Whittington Races
At Low Hall, Whittington, Nr. Kirkby Lonsdale - From 1:00pm
Whittington Races is always a great day out for all the family - More...
• Daily until Saturday 19th April - Easter Watersports on Windermere
At Windermere Outdoor Adventure Centre, Windermere - Various Times
Activities including canoeing, kayaking, sailing and windsurfing - More...
• Saturday 19th April - Tea With Peter Rabbit
At The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction, Bowness - 12 noon
Enjoy a scrumptious party lunch with your favourite character Peter Rabbit - More...
• Sunday 20th April - Commodore Inn Entertainment
At the Commodore Inn, Main Street, Grange-over-Sands - 5:00pm
4-piece contemporary acoustic folk/pop band Molly Warburton perform - More...
• Sunday 20th April - A6 Car Boot Sale
On the A6 between Carnforth and Milnthorpe - from 7:00am
The popular car boot - cars £5, browsers and on site parking free - More...
• Daily until Tuesday 22nd April - Easter at Lakeland Maze Farm Park
At Raines Hall Farm, Sedgwick, Kendal - 10:00am - 5:00pm
An Easter treat for all the family at Lakeland Maze Farm Park - More...
Ongoing Exhibitions in the Lake District This Week:
• Felt Through Contact Exhibition at Farfield Mill (until Mon April 21st)
At Farfield Mill, Sedbergh, Nr. Kendal - 10:30am to 4:30pm
A showcase of the work of 53 members of felting group Viltkontaktgroep - More...
• Vital Beauty Exhibition at Brantwood (until Sun April 27th)
At the Blue Gallery, Brantwood, Coniston - 10:30am to 4:00pm (Wed - Sun)
Exhibition of watercolour paintings by Thomas Matthews Rooke (1842-1942) - More...
• Wildlife Exhibition at Rydal Hall (until Wed April 30th)
In Rydal Hall, Rydal, Nr. Ambleside - 10:00am to 5:00pm (daily)
Stunning hand painted silks inspired by the diversity of the natural world - More...
• Land Keepers Exhibition (until Sun 11th May)
At Wordsworth Trust Museum, Grasmere - 9:30am to 4:30pm (daily)
The exhibition explores the shepherds whose flocks graze the fells - More...
• British Surrealism Unlocked Exhibition (until Sat June 21st)
At Abbot Hall Art Gallery, Kendal - 10:30am to 5:00pm
Comprising key British surrealist works from Dr Jeffrey Sherwin's collection - More...
• Moorcroft: 100 Years of a Living Art Pottery Exhibition (until Sun July 20th)
At Blackwell the Arts & Crafts House, Bowness - 10:30am to 5:00pm (daily)
Including 100 pieces of William Moorcroft pottery and archive material - More...
|Copyright © Your Guide 2 The Lake District 2014
Web Design by 7Soft/WSI Yorkshire