|Lake District Accommodation Guide||Lake District Business Guide||Lake District Eating Out Guide||Lake District Pubs and Inns Guide||Things To Do In The Lake District||Useful Lake District Information||Events In The Lake District|
Lake District Events This Week
Upcoming Featured Events in the Lake District & Cumbria:
Lake District Events Monday 20th to Sunday 26th October 2014:
• Monday 20th October - Blood Donor Sessions in Barrow
At Forum 28, Barrow-in-Furness - 12:45pm to 2:45pm & 4:00pm to 6:00pm
Do something amazing - give blood and save a life! - More...
• Tuesday 21st October - Royalty Cinema Lunchtime Wurlitzer Concerts
At the Royalty Cinema, Lake Road, Bowness-on-Windermere - 12:30pm
Royalty house organists perform on the Royalty's historic Wurlitzer organ - More...
• Thursday 23rd October - Mills of the River Kent Talk at Heron Corn Mill
At Heron Corn Mill, Beetham, Nr. Milnthorpe - 7:00pm to 8.30pm
A talk by Iain Johnson on the fascinating story of the mills of the River Kent - More...
• Thursday 23rd October - Carlisle & District Egyptology Society Meeting
At Quaker Meeting House, Fisher Street, Carlisle - 2:00pm
Meeting in Carlisle for people interested in Ancient Egypt - More...
• Friday 24th October - Ambleside Country Market
At St.John Ambulance Rooms, Ambleside - 10:00am to 11:30am
The Ambleside Country Market offers traditional home produced goods - More...
• Friday 24th October - Arnside Country Market
At WI Village Hall, Arnside, Nr. Milnthorpe - 9:30am to 11:30am
The popular market specialises in delicious home baking - More...
• Friday 24th October - Cockermouth Antique, Vintage & Interiors Fair
At Christ Church Rooms, Cockermouth - 10:00am to 4:00pm
Selling antiques, collectables, jewellery, china, furnishings & painted furniture - More...
• Saturday 25th October - Penrith Halloween Festival
In Penrith Town Centre, Penrith - 10:00am to 4:00pm
Penrith Halloween Festival is an annual family party day in Penrith - More...
• Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th October - Binoculars & Telescopes Demonstrations
At RSPB Leighton Moss, Silverdale - 10:00am to 4:00pm
Get some hands on advice on binoculars and telescopes in this free event - More...
• Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th October - Halloween Lantern Workshop & Walk
At Brantwood, Coniston - 11:00am to 3:00pm (workshop); 4:30pm to 6:00pm (walk)
Make your own paper lantern and then take part in a lantern walk - More...
• Saturday 25th October - Jumble Sale at Endmoor Village Hall
At Endmoor Village Hall, Endmoor near Kendal - 1:00pm
Another jumble sale at Endmoor Village Hall at Endmoor near Kendal - More...
• Sunday 26th October - Ride of the Fallen Leaves Lakeland Classic Bike Ride
From John Ruskin School, Lake Road, Coniston -
The third of three events in the Lakeland Classic cycle series - More...
Ongoing Exhibitions in the Lake District This Week:
• Ambleside Art Society Annual Exhibition (until Sun Oct. 26th)
At Ambleside Parish Centre - 10:00am to 5:00pm (Oct. 19th: 10:30am & 26th: 3pm)
With more than 300 works by society members on show - More...
• From Saturday Nov. 1st - Magna Carta Tapestry Exhibition (until Sat 29th Nov.)
At Quaker Tapestry Museum, Stramongate, Kendal - 10:00am to 5:00pm (Mon - Sat)
New Magna Carta tapestries will be exhibited in Kendal during November - More...
• Great War in Comics Exhibition (until Sat Dec. 6th)
At Abbot Hall Art Gallery, Kendal - 10:30am to 5:00pm
An exhibition to mark the centenary of the outbreak of WW1 - More...
• First World War Centenary: From Fells to Flanders (until Sat Dec. 20th)
At Lakeland Life & Industry, Kendal - 10:30am - 5pm (Sundays 12 - 4pm)
The display explores the Lake District's contribution to the Great War - More...
• After Ford 151 - Blackwell's Dark Place Exhibition (until Sat Dec. 20th)
At Blackwell the Arts & Crafts House, Bowness - 10:30am to 5:00pm (daily)
An exhibition that explores the notion of arts & crafts as a resistance movement - More...
|Copyright © Your Guide 2 The Lake District 2014
Web Design by 7Soft/WSI Yorkshire