|Lake District Accommodation Guide||Lake District Business Guide||Lake District Eating Out Guide||Lake District Pubs and Inns Guide||Things To Do In The Lake District||Useful Lake District Information||Events In The Lake District|
Lake District Events This Week
Upcoming Featured Events in the Lake District & Cumbria:
Lake District Events Monday 15th to Sunday 21st December 2014:
• Thursday 18th to Saturday 20th December - Wolves of Willoughby Chase
At Grasmere Village Hall, Grasmere - 7:30pm (plus Sat matinee 2:30pm)
Grasmere Players perform Russ Tunney's adaptation of Joan Aitken's novel - More...
• Thursday 18th December - The Snowman at Kendal Leisure Centre
At Westmorland Hall, Kendal Leisure Centre - Schools: 1.30pm; Family: 7pm
With a live, professional orchestra playing the score in perfect synchronicity - More...
• Friday 19th December - Cartmel Christmas Food Market
In Devonshire Square, Cartmel adjacent to the Priory - 10:00am to 4:00pm
Featuring Farmers, Growers, Artisan Producers & Speciality Food Merchants - More...
• Friday 19th December - Christmas Workshops at Beetham Nurseries
At Beetham Nurseries, Beetham, Nr. Milnthorpe - 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Tracey Peake demonstrates how to make your own festive table decoration - More...
• Friday 19th, Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st December - Christmas Tree Festival
At Kendal Parish Church - Fri 4pm - 7pm; Sat 11am - 6pm & Sun 3pm - 5pm
The final weekend of this year's Christmas Tree Festival in Kendal Parish Church - More...
• Friday 19th December - Voce Christmas Concert at St Charles Church
At St Charles RC Church, Grange-over-Sands - 7:30pm
Local group Voce sing a selection of Christmas Music in a classical style - More...
• Friday 19th December - Screening of 'Frozen'
At Skirwith Village Hall, Skirwith, Nr. Penrith - 2:30pm
Disney film based on Hans Christian Anderson's fairy tale of The Snow Queen - More...
• Friday 19th & Saturday 20th December - Christmas Party Night
At the Beech Hill Hotel, Newby Bridge Road, Windermere -
Includes 4 course festive feast and dancing until after midnight - More...
• Friday 19th December - Tim Farron MP Advice Surgery
At the Castle Street Centre, Kendal - 10:00am to 11:00am
Tim Farron MP for Westmorland & Lonsdale holds another surgery - More...
• Friday 19th December - Kendal Christmas Farmers' Market
At the Market Place, Kendal - 9:30am to 3:30pm
A vibrant farmers' market organised by Made in Cumbria is held monthly - More...
• Friday 19th December - Elf Christmas Drive-In in Keswick
In The Cumberland Pencil Museum Car Park, Keswick - 6:00pm
Christmas comedy film Elf is screened as a Drive-in Cinema experience - More...
• Saturday 20th December - Cartmel Choral Society Christmas Concert
At Cartmel Priory, Nr. Grange-over-Sands - 7:30pm
The choir present their annual Christmas concert in the historic Priory - More...
• Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st December - Visit Santa at Beetham Nurseries
At Beetham Nurseries, Beetham, Nr. Milnthorpe - 11:00am to 1:00pm
Come and see Santa and his helper in his very own winter wonderland - More...
• Saturday 20th to Tuesday 23rd December - Santa Express
From Ravenglass Station, Ravenglass - 10:00am, 12:50pm & 3:40pm
Enjoy a magical journey on Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway's Santa Express - More...
• Sunday 21st December - Burneside Brass Band Christmas Concert
At Kendal Parish Church, Kendal - 6:30pm
The popular brass band's annual two hour carol service - More...
• Sunday 21st December - Swan & Dyer's Winter Warmer
At Skirwith Village Hall, Skirwith, Nr. Penrith - 5:00pm
Vicki Swan & Jonny Dyer present a festive celebration of Carols & Music Hall - More...
• Sunday 21st to Tuesday 23rd December - Kendal Festive Fortnight Skating Rink
At Market Place, Kendal - 10:00am to 7:00pm (Sun 12noon - 7pm)
The skating rink is a great way to get into the festive spirit - More...
Ongoing Exhibitions in the Lake District This Week:
• First World War Centenary: From Fells to Flanders (until Sat Dec. 20th)
At Lakeland Life & Industry, Kendal - 10:30am - 5pm (Sundays 12 - 4pm)
The display explores the Lake District's contribution to the Great War - More...
• After Ford 151 - Blackwell's Dark Place Exhibition (until Sat Dec. 20th)
At Blackwell the Arts & Crafts House, Bowness - 10:30am to 5:00pm (daily)
An exhibition that explores the notion of arts & crafts as a resistance movement - More...
• Grasmere and the Great War Exhibition (until Sun March 1st)
At Wordsworth Trust Museum, Grasmere - 9:30am to 4:30pm
Exploring Grasmere's WW1 contribution on the home front and in the trenches - More...
|Copyright © Your Guide 2 The Lake District 2014
Web Design by 7Soft/WSI Yorkshire